map projection problem

From: Ufuk Utku Turuncoglu <turuncu_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 17:20:30 +0300

Hi,

I try to plot the two dataset (CRU and MM5 output) that are in different
map projection. So, CRU data can be plotted successfully in Cylindrical
Equidistant projection and i want to plot it in Lambert Conformal. So,
when i try to plot in Lambert projection the data (CRU) does not match
with the coast lines. The part of the code as follows (same with MM5
output plotting part),

res.sfMissingValueV = clim_cru[0][0]
res.mpProjection = "LambertConformal"
res.mpLimitMode="Corners"
res.mpLeftCornerLatF = float(lat[0][r1-1])
res.mpLeftCornerLonF = float(lon[0][r1-1])
res.mpRightCornerLatF = float(lat[r2-1][0])
res.mpRightCornerLonF = float(lon[r2-1][0])
res.mpLambertParallel1F = 30.
res.mpLambertParallel2F = 60.
res.mpLambertMeridianF = 26.
res.tfDoNDCOverlay = "NDCViewport"

I use the tfDoNDCOverlay but it fail. I put some example plot in to
following html link,

http://kullanici.be.itu.edu.tr/~turuncu/sample.jpg

does it need to interpolate one grid to another or is there any simple
solution of it?

Thanks for your any suggestions,
Best wishes

Ufuk Utku Turuncoglu
Istanbul Technical University
Informatics Institute
Computational Earth System Science Group