Re: 2d fft?

From: Saji Njarackalazhikam Hameed <saji_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 17:11:48 +0000

Ana,

Sometime ago Dennis Shea posted an NCL script that showed how to call
FFTPACK5 within NCL and make a 2D FFT. I have tried to modify that
script, basically adding some switches and doing statistical smoothing
on the estimates to make the 2d spectrum more robust. Attached with this
is a preliminary version of an NCL script that makes space-time spectra.

Hope this is of use. There are some sections that are hardcoded (file
names for example). You may want to change them. If you have any
questions or there are errors in the code, please let me know.

To run this, you have to:
 1. Compile fftpack5 on your system. The attached tar file contains
    a subdirectory named fftpack5. Running make may only be needed
        to compile fftpack5.

 2. Compile spc2di.f. You may use the attached BUILD file to see
      how I compiled it.

saji

* Ana Mosor <mosor_at_jet.atmo.arizona.edu> [2006-10-05 22:39:42 -0700]:

> Hello,
>
> I know this question has been asked before, I'm just hoping for new
> updates: does NCL (or plans to) have a 2D FFT routine? or else, does
> anybody else have such a code (and willing to share)?
> Any hellp will be Greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Ana Kursinski

Saji N. Hameed
APEC Climate Center          				+82 51 668 7470
National Pension Corporation Busan Building 12F
Yeonsan 2-dong, Yeonje-gu, BUSAN 611705			saji_at_apcc21.net
KOREA