Re: Re: Re: [ncl-talk] Dimension problem

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:35:16 -0600 (MDT)

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 tianxj_at_mail.iap.ac.cn wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> The file attached here is a demo figure(a 3x1 panel) I drew. But I have a problem that each plot in the panel is so small. Could you tell me how can I make the extend the x direction of each plot in the panel. Thanks.
>

> Xiangjun

Hi Xiangjun,

If you want to your X axis to be longer than your Y axis, then you can
use the vpWidthF and vpHeightF resources to specify this. Set these
resources to values between 0. and 1, and make them be whatever ratio
you want. For example, if you want your X axis to be twice as long as
your Y axis, then set:

    res_at_vpWidthF = 0.8
    res_at_vpHeightF = 0.4

it doesn't really matter what you set these to:

    res_at_vpWidthF = 0.6
    res_at_vpHeightF = 0.3

The gsn_panel routine will resize them to fix the page, while retaining
the aspect ratio. These resources should be set for when you create
the individual plots, and not for the panel routine.

Also, you want to make sure gsnMaximize is set to True for the
resource list that you pass to gsn_panel. This will maximize the
size of your plots on the page.

--Mary