Re: mapping problem

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:54:26 -0700

Hi Micah,

Yes, there does seem to be a problem. Have you tried doing a
printVarSummary on the two arrays, to see if the latitudes and longitude
ranges match up?

One strange aspect of the hi-res map is that if you are truly looking at
SST's, and the data is shifted westward, then the eastern part of each
of the Great Lakes should be white (=missing).

Without looking at your script, my first guess is that somehow the data
is being sliced up incorrectly. If you can't figure out what is going on
after looking at the results of printVarSummary and by double checking
how you are selecting a subset of the data, send us your script, along
with the results of the printVarSummary on the two arrays that you are
plotting.
Good luck,
Adam