Re: Fortran error

From: David Ian Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 14:48:01 -0700

Hi Scott,
Just for the record, NCL accepts both ".hdf" and ".hd" (any case for
any of the letters) as valid extensions for
HDF 4 files. Even if your files had neither of these extensions you
could read them directly into NCL as HDF by
appending either extension onto the actual name of the file. For
example, if the file is "my_hdf_files/foo" you
could say
f = addfile("my_hdf_files/foo.hdf","r").
I don't think the renaming operation should be necessary.
   -dave