why the variable loses its attributes after concatenating in the time dimension?

From: Xuguang Sun <sunxg007_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 20:27:26 +0800 (CST)

Hi, everyone,
 Here, I've several nc files, and they are continuous
in the time dimension.When I tried to open them by the
following commands (suppose the variable's name is
"pr"),

 files=systemfunc("ls *.nc")
 fin=addfiles(files,"r")
 ListSetType("cat")
 pr=fin[:]->pr

and then printVarSummary(pr), I found that the
attributes of pr were losing, but when I used
pr=fin[0]->pr, the attributes were still there. So
what's the problems? Is that the command pr=fin[:]->
can make the attributes lose?

 Thanks in advance.

SUN Xuguang
Department of Atmospheric Sciences
22 Hankou Road, Nanjing University, 210093
Nanjing, P.R.China