Remove duplicate stations

From: Sudipta Sarkar <ssarkar_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 09:32:43 -0600

Hi Guys,
I am working with a large volume of station data thats in a absolute
mess!! I am talking about the GHCN Daily temperature data. There are
several stations that are located exactly at the lat, long coordinate
and have overlapping time series. I need to find all such stations and
flag them or remove them. The station data is arranged in a 2D grid of
the form (STNID,T) where STNID is unique for each station and T is days
from 1 to N. Is there any way to achieve the kind of flagging that I am
talking about without going through tedious for loops?
Thanks and regards