Oops! Stuck installation

From: Michael Allen <gt3rx3_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:50:55 -0600

I'm running an x86_64 dual processor (Opteron 248) machine with 2 GB RAM
and 3/4 TB RAID system. I'm also runing fedora core 6,
2.6.22.9-61.fc6. My installation, however, is not going well!

I tried installing the binary version and although NCL seemed to install
correctly, I received a message that my system was missing libcurl.so.4,
although I have the curl libraries installed for fedora core 6.

Next I downloaded the source code for NCL. When running the blockdata
test file, however, no matter what I placed into the make file as a
fortran 77 compiler, I received error messages. I have the standard
compilers installed, such as compat -gcc-34, -c++, and f77 as well as
the gcc compilers (and gfortran, the fortran 95 compiler). I've
compiled lots of packages before and never had a problem. Even LDM
installed correctly.

Do you have any further suggestions?

Michael Allen
Minneapolis, MN