Re: question about installation

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 09:03:21 -0700 (MST)

Dear Yongjoo,

The "./install" method is the old way for installing NCAR Graphics.
Now that NCAR Graphics and NCL are part of the same package, it's
bundled as a simple gzipped tar file. Please see:

  http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/install.shtml

For information about what to do with this file. Basically,
you are supposed to gunzip and untar the file in the directory
where you want the software to reside. You then setenv NCARG_ROOT
to this directory, and make sure $NCARG_ROOT/bin is on your search path.
The above URL has more details.

--Mary