Re: wrapit with xlf

From: chengs <gchen9_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 17:00:57 -0600

Dear Mary,

I am very interested in generating the shared objects by hand. So I
try on my Mac.

I have finished step 1 to step 3.
when I did step 4, I met some problem. It said:
ld: Undefined symbols:
_NclGetArgValue
_NclRegisterFunc
_NclRegisterProc
_NclReturnValue
_NewArgs
_NhlPError
_SetArgTemplate
dyld_stub_binding_helper
_do_lio
_e_wsle
_s_stop
_s_wsle
_sqrt

As you mentioned, this is hardest part for getting right option. I
did not put any option.
Now I have a question. All these undefined symbols are functions. Do
you know where they are?
So I can link them.

Thanks
Guangshan

On Jan 9, 2007, at 12:31 PM, Mary Haley wrote:

> Michael,
>
> The Mac version of NCL was built with g77, and I'm not sure you'd be
> able to load shared objects that were generated with xlf. Also, we
> don't have xlf on our Macs, so I'm unable to test this out.
>
> However, you can try generating the shared objects by hand, rather
> than using WRAPIT. Please see:
>
> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/Getting_Started/
> beyondbasics.shtml#IncorporateYourOwn
>
> You've already done step 1 and 5, so look at steps 2-4 on how to use
> "wrapit77" and your compiler of choice to build your own shared
> object.
>
> Maybe somebody in ncl-talk land has done this before, and will be able
> to help you with what compiler options you need.
>
> Or, you can look at $NCARG_ROOT/bin/WRAPIT (it's an ASCII file) to see
> what it uses for various systems. The hardest part is getting the
> right options to use with the "ld" command, which is the final step
> for creating the *.so file.
>

> Good luck,
>
> --Mary
>
> On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, Michael Notaro wrote:
>
>> I am using WRAPIT version 030422. I attached the wrapit file.
>>
>> I am on my mac.
>>
>> Mike

Guangshan Chen
Center for Climatic Research