GRIB v2 capability in the next release of NCL

From: Rick Grubin <grubin_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 11:39:31 -0700

NCL'ers,

The next release of NCL will support the reading of GRIB v2 files.
Specifically, the following grid types are supported, as these
are the types for which we have data to test with, from various centers:

   -- Latitude/Longitude (Gaussian and Cylindrical Equidistant)
   -- Lambert Conformal (limited; does not yet compute coordinate
variables, but will)

We are actively seeking other grid types to test with, particularly
spherical harmonic and stereographic grids.

We would appreciate knowing of sources for GRIB v2 data that you use
or expect to use in your work.

Thanks for your input!

----
Rick Grubin NCAR/CISL/VETS