segmentation fault reading HDF file

From: James McPhee <jmcphee_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 15:12:32 -0800

Hello,

I've just downloaded an AIRS level 3 hdf (daily, 1-deg resolution
global) data file and am trying to view its contents with ncl. I
input the data with addfile and then try to read the dump. As I
scroll down the dump ncl crashes with a "segmentation fault" error. I
repeated the exercise under root (with stacksize=64Mb) but got the
same error. The file is only 39Mb in size; I routinely read larger
netcdf files and this never happened, even with a modest stack size
of 8Mb.

I'm running version a034 on an intel os x machine with 1Gb RAM.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

James

James McPhee
Profesor Asistente, Departamento de Ingenieria Civil
Facultad de Ciencias Fisicas y Matematicas, Universidad de Chile
Av. Blanco Encalada 2002 piso 3
Santiago, Chile
tel: +56-2-9784400
jmcphee_at_ing.uchile.cl