Re: NCL Installation on Teragrid Itanium II Cluster at SDSC

From: Rick Grubin <grubin_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:25:56 -0700

Hello Alex,
> My name is Alex DeCastro. I am in the Visualization Services group
> at the San Diego Supercomputer Center.
>
> We are trying to install NCL on our Itanium II Teragrid cluster
> here at SDSC. The binaries available don’t really support that
> platform. Has anyone ported NCL to Itanium II before? Would you
> be interested in helping us to do it?
>
> We would appreciate any help you can provide us.

I am not aware of anyone running NCL on an Itanium II host. Perhaps
someone else on the list is, and will chime in.

That said, we do not have access to such a host here at NCAR.
However, NCL has been successfully built and used
on IA64 hosts, using the Intel compilers (icc/ifort).

Could you describe any problems and/or difficulties you're having
running NCL? That may give us an idea of which
directions we might take in supporting you. Please feel free to
contact me directly.

-Rick.
----
Rick Grubin NCAR/CISL/VETS