Re: precompiled NCL available to use with New Apple OS?

From: Rick Grubin <grubin_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:52:46 -0700

Hello Erik,

> Is there a precompiled version of NCL available? Fink will not work
> for my Apple MAC system yet.
>
> My lab gave me pre-released version of the Apple "Leopard" system.
> Fink does not work with this Mac OS 10.5 yet, which presents
> difficulty with installing NCL.

Precompiled binaries for NCL are available from the Earth System Grid
website (http://www.earthsystemgrid.org/)

You will need a login for the ESG, which may be requested by clicking
on the "Login" tab at the top of the ESG home page.

After you've obtained a login/password, you may login and use the
"Shortcuts" menu at the bottom to "jump to" the
"Latest NCL Release" downloads page. Choose the "NCL 4.2.0.a034
binaries (not OPeNDAP-enabled)" link and you will
find a binary release for your Mac, OS X v10.4. Though your Mac is
running OS X v10.5, it's likely the release for the older
version of OS X will work.

Please contact me with any questions/problems.

-Rick.
----
Rick Grubin NCAR/CISL/VETS
Visualization + Enabling Technologies