Should I standardize the time series before using "specx_anal" ?

From: LEO_ARIES <Leo_Aries_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 23:30:05 +0800

Hi, all

    I found that the spectrum plot will be changed greatly if I standardize the time series before using "specx_anal".
I am a little puzzled on it. Is it necessary to do a standardization at first when we analyze the spectrum ?
( I analyze the 102-yrs precipitation datas , all data , script and plots have been uploaded to ftp://cgd.ucar.edu/incoming/ )
Thanks!

Good Luck

Lin

LEO_ARIES