Re: linint2_points questions

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:33:15 -0700 (MST)

>I am trying to use the routine linint2_points, and would like
>to know if it works with a Lambert Conformal grid. Since the
>routine requires 1-dimensional longitude and latitude arrays
>as the first two parameters passed, is this routine designed
>to work with a lon,lat grid?
>
>My domain is farily small (500km x 500km) but the resolution
>is 250 x 250, so if the routine expects a lon, lat grid, will the
>result be accurate?

Hello

[1] Yes, it is designed to work with a lat/lon grid.
    However, it is designed to work with grids
    that can described by one dimensional lat/lon grids.
    This includes unequally spaced grids like gaussian grids.

    This functio was designed to work with grids commonly
    used by climate models or reanalysis data sets.

[2] I'm not sure what you mean. Say XLAT and XLONG are 2D

    lat2d = f->XLAT
    lon2d = f->XLONG

    lat = lat2d(:,0) ; 0 or the mid point
    lon = lon2d(:,0) ;

    print(lat) ; make sure it is monotonically increasing
    print(lon)

    Then use linint2_points ...

    "accurate" ???

    I guess it would depend on the application.
    I think you would have to examine this on your own.