deleting variables

From: Mateus da Silva Teixeira <mtex2k3_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 12:39:24 -0300

Dear NCL users,

In some scripts I have to delete many variables within DO loops. I found
only one procedure that delete variables and I was thinking in make a
procedure that delete a group of variables specified by a list. But, I'm
not sure if I can access variables of the main program with a function
and delete them. Is it possible?

By the way: in the NCL reference guide (online), in the part that talk
about IF statement the syntax provided is:

if(/scalar_logical_expression/) then

      / statement list /

end if
if(/ scalar_logical_expression/) then

      / statement list /

else

      / statement list /

end if

Seeing carefully one of my scripts I verify that my IF statement hadn't
the THEN word, but the scripts still works. So, is the reference manual
wrong don't showing that THEN is optional? Or is there a malfunction in
IF statement?

Thanks
Mateus