Re: a very large grib file

From: David Ian Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 11:00:38 -0700

It may not be too hard to fix NCL such that it could read GRIB 1 files
that
are greater than 2GB. I will experiment with this.

wgrib can only read past the 2GB point if it is compiled and run on a
64 bit machine,
using 8-byte longs.
However, you could use wgrib repeatedly to split off initial chunks
of the GRIB file into a set of files less than 2GB.
  -dave