Re: Legend

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:40:16 -0600

Hi Luciana,

In most cases NCL will automatically position the label bar such that
the label bar labels will be on the page. Every so often, the label bar
labels (and even occasionally the label bar itself) are pushed off of
the page do to a combination of resources that are set. When this
happens, you have a couple of easy options.

1) set one (or more) of the vp resources vpHeightF/vpWidthF/vpYF/vpXF to
manually set the size of your plot. In your case, I set vpHeightF = 0.6
and I can see your label bar labels.

2) You can set the plot manager label bar resources to nudge the label
bar up or down, left or right.
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/pm.shtml#pmLabelBarOrthogonalPosF
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/pm.shtml#pmLabelBarParallelPosF

There are other ways to get around this, but the above two options
almost always work..
Good luck.
Adam