Re: how to change the page size of pdf?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:54:13 -0600 (MDT)

Xie Xin,

It sounds like the code for trying to maximize your output on your
odd-size paper is not working properly. I will have to look into
this sometime, but right now am extremely busy.

To work around this, I suggest looking at the resources:

   wkDeviceLowerX
   wkDeviceLowerY
   wkDeviceUpperX
   wkDeviceUpperY

The first one is documented at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/wk.shtml#wkDeviceLowerX

In this documentation there's a pointer to another document that talks
about how to set these four resources so you can position your plots
correctly for a PS or PDF output device.

If you use this method, then you should *not* use the
"maximize_output" procedure that was in the script I sent you.
Instead, these four resources should be set after you open a
workstation:

    wks = gsn_open_wks("ps","file")

    setvalues wks
     "wkDeviceLowerX" : 50
     "wkDeviceLowerY" : 50
     "wkDeviceUpperX" : 50
     "wkDeviceUpperY" : 50
   end setvalues

Note that "50" is just some placeholder value; you will need to figure
out what values to use.

I'm certainly no expert in this area. I think that Fred Clare might
be able to help you more here.

--Mary