Re: how to read Ascii file with ncl

From: Mateus da Silva Teixeira <mtex2k3_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 17:54:29 -0300

Hi Joelle,

A way to do it is as follow:

myData = asciiread("mydata.ascii",(/NROWS, NCOLS/),"float")

if your data has a header you should use 'readAsciiTable' which you may
control how many initial lines of the data should be skipped.
If your data has the first column as dates, maybe you have to eliminate
this first column with another software and use NCL after!

Mateus