Re: eps files

From: Fred Clare <fred_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 19:53:41 -0600

On Apr 3, 2007, at 7:39 PM, Mateus da Silva Teixeira wrote:

> Dear NCL users,
>
> The Mini Graphics Manual says that EPS workstation contains a
> bounding box.
> However, when I generate an EPS file and try to convert it to PNG,
> this tool gives an error message:
>
> $ eps2png -png -output teste.png boxplotGrupos.eps
> No bounding box in boxplotGrupos.eps
> -g must be followed by <width>x<height>
> Problem creating teste.png for boxplotGrupos.eps
>
> And any PNG file is created.
> Is the Graphics Manual wrong? Or am I doing something wrong?

You should be getting a bounding box. Are you using
gsn_open_wks with a first argument of "eps?"

Currently the recommended way to do this is to create a
regular .ps file, then use "ps2epsi" to generate the eps
file, and then use "convert" on that.

We have an *experimental* png driver that may work for you
(it uses the X11 rasterizer). To give it a try, use "png" as the
first argument to gsn_open_wks. This driver is not currently
supported, so use are your own risk.

Fred Clare