Re: WRF NCL issues.

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 19:37:49 -0600

Hi Peter,

The problem is due to an undefined compiler symbol. I think if you
include "-lg2c" when you make the wrf_user_fortran_util_0.so file, it
should get this symbol resolved.

If you are using a basic Makefile to generate this file, so it should
be enough to add "-lg2c" to the end of the "ld" command that is
creating the *.so file.

If you are using WRAPIT to generate the *.so file, then you need to add
"-l g2c" to its command line:

    WRAPIT -l g2c wrf_user_fortran_util_0.f

By the way, if you are *not* using WRAPIT, then you might try this as
an alternative to the other way that you are generating the *.so file.
That is, instead of running "wrapit77", compiling your *.c, *.f files,
and then creating the *.so file, you can instead use WRAPIT to do this
all one fell swoop. For more information on WRAPIT, please see:

     http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Tools/WRAPIT.shtml

Finally, you may be happy to know that the next release of NCL will
contain many built-in WRF functions, so the need for the *.so file
should completely go away. I still need to work with the WRF folks so
that they can remove this dependency from their own software.

Cheers,

--Mary