Re: Right time with NCEP data?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 10:24:21 -0600 (MDT)

You may need to look at the "units" of your time variable. Perhaps
your "big" values are "hours" since some particular date.

If so, then you can use the "ut_calendar" function to convert it
to some smaller format. Please see:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/ut_calendar.shtml

Example 1 on this page may apply in your case.

--Mary