Re: eofcor function

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 13:21:13 -0600

Hi Mateus,

eofcor does indeed remove the means... Did you remove the annual cycle
before calculating the EOFs? (This assumes you are inputing a
monthly/daily timeseries and not seasonal averages (DJF 1950,DJF 1951, etc))

Also, it is also recommended that you use the newer NCL function eofunc
for calculating EOFs, instead of eofcor. Check out:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/eofunc.shtml
Good luck,
Adam