Is there any way to interpolate station data to grided data?

From: <xiexin163_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 12:15:12 +0800

Hi,

I have got some station data of temperature(including
their lon and lat info)and want to plot the contour map
of them. However, as expected, these data are not regular
grided distributed so they can not be ploted
as contour map. I have read station data section of appliation
examples on the NCL web and know that NCL can use the triangular
mesh capability to integpolate the data and then contour these
station data correctly.

That is I send NCL the station data and NCL contours them automatically.
However, I wonder if there is a way that I interpolate the grided data
from the station data and then save them in a temporary variable so I
can do some manipulation to them. And at last I use the regular way to plot the
contour map as we do to the common grided data.

Thanks.

Xie Xin