Re: help for a WRIPT question

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 10:24:34 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Li,

I didn't realize either that WRAPIT wouldn't work on "x(0:n)"
type of syntax. I need to add this to the WRAPIT documentation.

Meanwhile, I think if you create a simple driver program to call this
subroutine, then you can get around this. You'll want to rename your
original routine to something else, so that you can give the driver
program the original name. You will also need to be careful in your
NCL script to call this function with "n+1" (n1), and not just "n":

C NCLFORTSTART
       subroutine pp(x,y,n1)
       integer n1,i
       real x(n1),y(n1)
C NCLEND
       call mainpp(x,y,n1-1)
       end

       subroutine mainpp(x,y,n)
       integer n,i
       real x(0:n),y(0:n)

       do 10 i=0,n
          y(i)=3*x(i)
          write(*,*) y(i)
  10 continue

       end

I don't know if this is the ideal solution, so I welcome suggestions
from others.

--Mary