Information on Box plot with NCL

From: louis Vonder <appopson_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:41:01 +0200 (CEST)

NCL users,

I want to know if there is a way to plot "Box plot" with NCL using time serie data which is organized like the one which attached.

To be more explicit I want to know if it is possible like with "R software" just to read data and plot box for every column.

In "R" the computation of the limit of the box is automatic, you have just to enter the column of data and the rest of the computation is the work of "R".

In example http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/box_1.ncl ,

 values of the limit of the box is entering manually, but not statically computed by NCL.

Regards