Re: How to mask out topography?

From: Andrea Hahmann <hahmann_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 14:44:43 -0600

Yi

What I have done in the past is to "draw" the mountain with one of the
polyline functions on top of the mountain. In my case I had a lon x
pressure, and I drew a polyline using the surface pressure at each point
along the cross section (see plot attached). In your case I think you
want to use the surface height along the mountain.

Good luck,
Andrea

Wang, Yi wrote:
> Hi Folks:
>
> I have a 2-D plot with an idealized mountain. See my plot.
>
> I want to mask out those data which has been plotted underneath the
> mountain.
>
> What should I do?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Yi

Andrea N. Hahmann, Ph.D.
Research Applications Laboratory
Natl. Center for Atmospheric Research      Phone: 1-303-497-8383
PO BOX 3000                                Fax:   1-303-497-8401
Boulder, CO 80301                          hahmann_at_ucar.edu