Re: Why one more legend appears in my figure

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 07:09:30 -0600

Hi Guangshan,

You are right, I thought your first plot had two curves and hence two
line legends associated with it.

gsn_csm_xy3 is not set up to handle legends, so I recommend using the
gsn_create_legend function instead:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Interfaces/
gsn_create_legend.shtml

You can see an example (#19) at:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/xy.shtml#ex19

The third frame shows how gsn_create_legend was used to create a legend
and attach it to the bottom right corner of the plot.

I will update the gsn_csm_xy3 documentation to mention the legend
problem.

--Mary