Re: determing colormap HSV values

From: Fred Clare <fred_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 12:04:30 -0600

On Jul 13, 2007, at 3:19 AM, Jack Glendening wrote:

> I am trying to determine the HSV values used for a color map
> (specifically BlAqGrYeOrReVi20) so I can make a modified version. I
> can't find any way of querying a color map index for its RGB values
> and
> I can't find any way of converting RGB values to HSV (whereas I can
> find a HSV->RGB function). Do such functions exist in NCL ?

Apparently rgb2hsv is not an NCL procedure at this time. We have
all of these color conversion functions at the Fortran level - don't
know
why they are not all in NCL. We will add them. In the meantime
I have attached the Fortran source for RGBHSV with the appropriate
WRAPIT interface delimiters.

Just do:

   WRAPIT rgbhsv.f

to create rgbhsv.so. I have attached an example source showing
how to use the wrapped procedure.

Fred Clare