addfiles function

From: Will Hobbs <whobbs_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:56:55 PDT
('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Hi

Can the 'addfiles' function be used for multiple input files with
different dimension lengths?

Specifically, I am reading in data for a number of met stations, with a
netCDF file for each station. Because of changes in data coverage over
the period of interest, the input files cover slightly different periods.
I want to place them all a single array, dimensioned (station, time),
such that periods not covered will be set to FillValue.

Can I read in the data using addfiles, in a manner like this....

          f = addfiles(fils, "r")
          ListSetType(f, "join")

         data = new((/nstations, ntime/), "float")

         do i = 0, nstations-1

             ;calculate start/end indices for input file start/end dates

              data(n,st:en) = f[n]->x

          end do

Or, will I need to run the function 'addfile' for each station's ncl file.

Many thanks

Will