asciiwrite question

From: Susan Kaspari <susan.kaspari_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 14:12:13 -0400

Hello,
I have an nc file with dimensions:
time = 336
       lat = 180
       lon = 288
and variable ozone(time, lat, lon).

I want to create an ascii file similar to Example 3 at:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/asciiwrite.shtml
However, rather than outputting the time for every lat and long, I
would like to just output the file for certain areas of the grid
(i.e., I want to identify either a certain grid cell from which to
output the ozone data over time, or specify a region consisting of a
number of grid cells to get the data through time).

Does anyone have suggestions as to how I should do this?
Many thanks,
Susan