Trying to Average Multiple Files

From: Sean Heuser <spheuser_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 12:42:04 -0400 (EDT)

Hello NCL Users,
I'm am working with a 2-month WRF simulation and I'm trying to get the
average temperature for the entire time frame. Since computer time was
scarce, I have 9 input files(call them a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i) that span the
time frame. I called the temperature variable for each(so I have 9 temp
variables called a1,b1,c1,etc.). I tried using the dim_Avg function and
was successful with one variable. For ex:

Avg = dim_Avg(a1(south_north|:, west_east|:, Time|:)

works. However, when I try it with more than one, it reads an error saying
that it only expects 1 subscript. Does anyone know how I can possibly do
an average with all of my temperature variables? Any help would be
appreciated. Thank you.

--
Sean Heuser
Masters Student