Re: fatal:Attribute assignment type mismatch

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 09:04:15 -0600 (MDT)

Hi all,

I spoke too soon here! Apparently the newer versions of NCL *do*
issue a more verbose error message about a missing value whose type
conflicts with the type of the data.

When I opened Soo-Jin's file with version 4.3.1 (which will be
released this week), I got the message:

warning:NetOpenFile: MissingToFillValue option set True, but missing_value attribute and data variable (uwnd) types differ: not adding virtual _FillValue attribute

Soo-Jin is probably running an older version of NCL that doesn't
issue this message. I believe version 4.3.0 also issues this message.

--Mary