margins surrounding images

From: marc <nackowiz_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 11:24:30 -0600

Hello,
    I would like to generate images from WRF data that do not have
margins around the plot. I have considered making the margin color
transparent, however including any margin of any color with in an area
defined by a lat and lon changes the geometry of the image so that it no
longer matches a map image below it. The image would match sufficiently
well for an automated process, if the margins were absent all together.
Is there a resource setting or process that would remove all of the
margins from a plot.
    So far I have tried "gsnPaperMargin = 0" and "gsnAttachPlots = True"
without exactly what I wanted. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Referring to the image below for clarification:
    If the lat/lon from the data is used to create both the image for
ncl and the overlay for Google Earth the image created by ncl is reduced
in each dimension by the width of the border. As a result, the ncl
image no longer matches the underlying Google Earth area. By using the
Google Earth tools I am able to manually expand the image boundaries so
that the coast lines match well. The amount of the expansion required
is equal to the width of the borders.

Thank you,
Marc Nackowiz