Re: How to get IDT to Delay in Loop Mode

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:17:17 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007, Lunde, Bruce N CIV NAVOCEANO, NP1 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When using "idt" in the "loop" mode, there does not seem to be any way
> to have a delay between the frames. I can set the value of the "dup"
> to a bigger number, but then each frame is redrawn several times and
> flickering is the result.
>
> Is there a way to pause or delay in the loop mode ?
>
> Thanks, Bruce

Bruce,

If you want to use idt to do a true animation, you first want to load
all the images into memory before you use the looping feature.

To do this:

    1. Open your file with idt.
    2. Click on the "animate" button and wait while the images
       load into memory.
    3. Click on the double '>>' button to view the forward animation.
    4. If it's animating too quickly, click on the "delay" button
       and try setting to a value of 10 or so. Then, hit the ">>"
       button again to see if the animation is any slower.

Let me know if you are already doing all this, and still seeing
the flickering.

--Mary