Plotting non-uniform gridded netCDF data

From: Saravanan Arunachalam <sarav_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 13:21:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I am trying to plot terrain from a gridded netCDF file which contains
non-uniform grid-spacing. The grid resolution varies from coarse at the
outer-edge to fine at the interiors. But something is not right
with my output plot. You can see the streaks as well as a lot of white
color (off the chart from the given range).

The NCL script I am using and the problem plot are at:
ftp://ftp.unc.edu/pub/empd/sarav/NCL/vgrid_HT.ncl
ftp://ftp.unc.edu/pub/empd/sarav/NCL/vgrid_HT.gif

The same script works fine when I use it to visualize another comparable
file where the grid resolution is uniform across the entire domain.

Any suggestions for a fix would be appreciated. Dennis, you helped me with
this issue sometime back, and I had it working. But unsure what may be the
problem now.

Also, is it possible to draw the grid-lines (horizontal and vertical) that
correspond to my domain?

Thanks.

Sarav Arunachalam

ps: I am using NCL Version 4.3.0