Re: Warning message in NCL

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 06:48:01 -0600 (MDT)

Dear Basit Khan,

It would be helpful if you could provide us with the script, or at
least some code snippets. Whenever you get a warning that "xxxxx is
not a valid resource in yyyyy at this time", it means either the
resource name is misspelled (which doesn't appear to be the case
here), or a resource is being applied to a plot that doesn't recognize
that particular resource.

By "NCL does not plot anything at all", do you mean you are getting a
completely blank page, or are you at least getting a tickmark border
but no plot inside?

If you are getting a completely blank page, then you need to check
that you are calling "draw" and "frame" in order to draw the
plot objects and advance the frame. If you are calling any of the
gsn_xxxx plotting scripts, "draw" and "frame" are called for you
automatically, unless you set the special resources gsnDraw
and gsnFrame to False.

If you can send me your script, I might be able to help you
further.

Thanks,

--Mary