function for generating array of unique indicies

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 15:25:03 -0600 (MDT)

Hi all,

A few people have asked us how to generate an array of unique
integer indicies. We have added a new function that will be in
the next release, but it is simple enough to share here.

Both Christophe Cassou [CERFACS, Toulouse CEDEX France] and Dennis
Shea contributed to this fairly elegant solution. Note that the
function will be called "generate_unique_indicies", but I've renamed
it here to keep it conflicting with the new one coming up:

undef("gen_uniq_indicies")
function gen_uniq_indicies( N:integer)
local r
begin
   r = random_uniform(0,100,N)
   return( dim_pqsort(r, 1) )
end

To call it, you give it the number of unique indicies you want:

  i = gen_uniq_indicies(50)