Re: help with NCL

From: Rick Grubin <grubin_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:04:13 -0600

Hi Steven

> I have a question I have downlaoded NCL and set my enviornmental
> variables. Im confused about one thing though. How do I use NCL.
> From shell I typed ng4ex gsun01n to just use the example and I got
> an error stating ng4ex: command not found. I am using NCL to make
> some upper air soundings. I'd appreciate any help.

When you see an error such as "command not found" that's indicative
of your environment's "path" -- the location of commands on
your system -- not being correct. Note that step #2 of the "How to
Set Up Your NCL Environment" documentation, found at:
     http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/get_started.shtml#SetUpEnvironment
describes how to do this, once you've set environment variables.

Be sure your environment variables are set properly, and that you've
updated your path to find everything.

If this problem persists, it would be helpful for us to see output
from the setup steps, and commands, to better assist you.

-Rick.
----
Rick Grubin NCAR/TDD/CISL/VETS
Visualization + Enabling Technologies