panel plots with different sizes

From: James McPhee <jmcphee_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 10:59:06 -0400

Dear all, I'm trying to accomplish plot panneling much like that
shown in example panel_14.ncl. However, I'm having trouble
understanding the implication of the _at_vp... resources in
combination with gsnPanel and labelbars etc.

I would like to have two columns with contour plots and a common
label bar, one column with scatterplots, and have the scatterplots
line up with the contour plots in the y axis. I'm attaching my script
file and the output I'm getting so far. Datasets are heavy thus not
included.

Any hints will be greatly appreciated!!!

James

James McPhee
Profesor Asistente, Departamento de Ingenieria Civil
Facultad de Ciencias Fisicas y Matematicas, Universidad de Chile
Av. Blanco Encalada 2002 piso 3
Santiago, Chile
tel: +56-2-9784397
jmcphee_at_ing.uchile.cl