unsetting an attribute without deleting a resource

From: James F Drake <James.F.Drake_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 14:02:46 -0500

How can I set contour attributes with gsn_csm_contour_map_overlay? I try
to set them on the first and second resource arguments with:
 res_at_cnLevelSelectionMode = "AutomaticLevels"
 res_at_cnLevelSpacingF = 2.0 ; contour interval
 res1 = True
 res1_at_cnLevelSelectionMode = "ExplicitLevels"

But get the warnings

warning:cnLevelSelectionMode is not a valid resource in conq2_stream at
this time
warning:cnLevelSpacingF is not a valid resource in conq2_stream at this
time

The plot that gets drawn is missing the contours as well as a coastline.

What's the matter and is there any way I could figure this out on my own?

James F. Drake
Mission Data Exploitation
Meteorological Satellite Systems
The Aerospace Corporation