Re: Problems with Stereographic projection plots

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 09:17:50 -0600 (MDT)

If you are using the wrf_xxxx scripts to do the plotting, then a fix
was issued in which the wrong value was being used for the center
latitude for the stereographic projection case. It was changed from
TRUELAT1 to CEN_LAT (both attributes of the variable on the WRF file).

This fix should make it into the next release of NCL, hopefully
the end of this month.

If you have V4.3.1, you can easily make the change yourself. You may
need "root" permissions to do this:

   1. Edit the file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/wrf/WRFUserARW.ncl

   2. Change the line:
       opts_at_mpCenterLatF = get_res_value_keep(opts, "mpCenterLatF", in_file_at_TRUELAT1)

to:
       opts_at_mpCenterLatF = get_res_value_keep(opts, "mpCenterLatF", in_file_at_CEN_LAT)

--Mary