Re: wrapit error

From: Rick Grubin <grubin_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 08:12:47 -0600

Hi Micah

> I just installed ncl on a new system.

What type of system is this new host? 32bit or 64bit? Did you
download the proper binary for it?

It would help to know this information; the output from 'uname -a' is
also helpful.

> I tried to recompile my fortran files with wrapit, but encountered
> the following error message when I used this command:
>
> WRAPIT -in namwind.stub namwind4.f90
>
> Error:
> WRAPIT Version: 051007
> /opt/intel/fc/9.1.040/bin/ifort
> COMPILING namwind4.f90
> LINKING
> ld: warning: i386:x86-64 architecture of input file `WRAPIT.o' is
> incompatible with i386 output

The error here indicates you have a 64bit host -- true?

The error is telling you that you're trying to link a 32bit object
with 64bit objects, which you cannot do. I would
suggest using the option '-fPIC' on the command line ('WRAPIT -in -
fPIC namwind.stub namwind4.f90') to make
sure you're using relocatable objects.

Please also make sure you've downloaded the correct NCL distribution
for your host.

-Rick.
----
Rick Grubin NCAR/TDD/CISL/VETS