New version of NCL - now open source!

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 15:58:11 -0700 (MST)

Greetings NCL users,

I'm pleased to announce the release of version 5 of NCL and NCAR
Graphics, now released as one package and available with full
source code!

We will still release precompiled binaries, and they are available
under a slightly different binary license than before. The source code
is released under a separate license. This is due to some third party
software we include.

NCL and NCAR Graphics will continue to have their own home pages for
now. A full description of the new features and functionality can be
found at:

      http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/new_release.shtml

To download this new version, go to:

    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/

You will need to agree to the new binary and/or source license since
they are new, but you should only have to do this once.

If you have any questions, feel free to email this email list. You can
email me personally, but I prefer the question go to here so others
can benefit as well.

Cheers,

--Mary Haley

P.S. NCL is not an easy package to build from source code. We will try
      to update the document as we start getting comments from users,
      so don't be shy!

      http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/build_from_src.shtml