Retrieving x values of a histogram [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: Harun Rashid <H.Rashid_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 16:36:06 +1100

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is any way of getting the x values (i.e.,
locations of the bin centers) from gsn_histogram. I know that I can get
the x positions in plot coordinates as plot_at_MidBarLocs
<mailto:plot_at_MidBarLocs> . But I need the actual x values, in order to
compute a theoretical histogram corresponding to the data histogram
plotted by gsn_histogram. Of course, I can define the x values, e.g., by
looking at the plotted histogram. But, it would be nice to be able to
somehow get the values used by gsn_histogram. Any idea would be
appreciated. Thanks.

--
Harun

Dr. M. Harun Ar Rashid
Bureau of Meteorology Research Centre         Email: h.rashid_at_bom.gov.au
PO Box 1289K                                             Tel  :  +61 3
9669 4550
Melbourne, Victoria 3001                               Fax  : +61 3 9669
4660
Australia
http://www.bom.gov.au/bmrc