filevarattdef - IO/API

From: Neil Davis <neild_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 16:03:47 -0500

I am using NCL to manipulate some files which I then want to write out
in the IO/API netCDF format. This format has strict rules about the
size of the attributes associated with netCDF variables. When I try to
use the filevarattdef command to copy the files over there is an extra
"NULL" character which gets included on the file variable's attribute
even if I first trim it from the NCL variable's attribute. Is there a
way which I can write a file variable's attribute that will not include
this "NULL" character, as currently I have to trim one of the characters
from the attribute to allow space for the "NULL"

Thanks,
Neil Davis