Trouble running NCL on Cygwin/X

From: <Valkhorn_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 00:24:19 EST

I'm using Cygwin/X and have installed NCL. However when I try to run it I
get this error message:

$ bin/ncl xy04n.ncl
Copyright (C) 1995-2007 - All Rights Reserved
NCAR Command Language Version 5.0.0
The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
See _http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/_ (http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/) for more details.
/lib/ncarg/sysresfiled System Resource File /usr/local
warning:WorkstationClassInitialize:Unable to access rgb color database -
named colors unsupported:[errno=2]
warning:["Palette.c":1533]:NhlLoadColormapFiles: Invalid colormap directory:
/us/lib/ncarg/colormaps
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I checked my variables and they were set correctly:

$ printenv DISPLAY
:0.0

$ printenv NCARG_ROOT
/usr/local

Does anyone have any idea why this is going on? I've checked the
documentation and I am using Cygwin/X and the variables appear to be set up correctly.

-William