ascii-read multiple column with comma-delimiter

From: <ern_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 17:23:59 +0100 (CET)

Hi NCL-talk,
I am using the example script:
ascii_delim.ncl
found at:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/ascii_delim.shtml

This works fine if I use files in the same format as the example-file, but
now I have files that look like the example-file except from:
an additional blank row at the beginning of the file (before the
"header"), and
an additional row with some text at the end of the file (the last row).

This does not work (of course..) but I do not know how to change the
script to be able to read the files that I have.

I could always erase these two additional rows and it all works fine, but
I have A LOT of files to read so that would take a lot of time.

Does anyone have an idea of how to modify the "ascii_delim.ncl" -script to
be able to read files on the format that I have to read.
(-i.e, I want to skip the first and last rows in the files)

Thanks for your help!
Erik